Staying hydrated during the summer months is important. While drinking water is a great way to keep your fluid levels up, exploring flavored drinks or smoothies can also help you stay hydrated in the summertime heat.
Makes 2 servings (serving size is 1½ cups or 12 oz.)
8 ounces of canned fruit cocktail with juice
2 scoops of vanilla-flavored whey protein powder
1 cup cold water
1 cup crushed ice
1. Mix all ingredients in a blender for about 2 minutes and serve.
Party Punch (low sugar)
Makes 13 servings (serving size is a ½ cup)
½ cup liquid fruit punch concentrate
1 liter diet lemon lime soda
1 pint sherbet lemon or lime flavor
1. Place soda in a punch bowl or a large mixing bowl.
2. Add fruit punch concentrate and stir.
3. Add sherbet.
4. When sherbet starts to melt, stir and serve.
Watermelon-Rosemary Flavored Water
Makes 10 servings (serving size is 1 cup)
1 cup watermelon
2 stems fresh rosemary
10 cups water
1. Cut watermelon into cubes.
2. Add all ingredients to a pitcher and stir.
3. Refrigerate overnight before serving.
UrologyHealth.org | SUMMER 2017 | UROLOGYHEALTH extra